Click map for readable/printable PDF file
What is the Red Streams Blue Program?
RSB Red Clay Map
- Our map shows the streams that do not meet water quality standards in red. Blue streams meet the standards.
- The goal of the Red Streams Blue Program is to ensure that all streams in the Red Clay Watershed meet PA water quality standards.
Why is the Red Streams Blue Program so Important?
- The Red Clay Creek provides recreation for many residents, including fishing.
- The Streams provide habitat and natural corridors for wildlife.
- The beauty of the Red Clay Creek Watershed is an important natural resource.
How will we make Red Streams Blue?
- Identify the impaired segments and reasons for impairment
- Develop a Restoration Plan to identify possible area for improvements
- Select projects to be undertaken based on cost, impact and priority
- Build partnerships within the restoration area
- Identify funding sources
- Complete Restoration projects
You can help us make a Red Stream...
Ways to Help Us Make Red Streams Blue
- Join the Red Clay Valley Association: Become one of many members who are helping to restore and protect this priceless resource
- Become a Watershed Steward: Learn how to take better care of these natural resources and how you can make a difference
- Join an Environmental Stream Team: These are your neighbors, all volunteers, who work together to monitor stream water quality
- Enjoy the Red Clay Creek and its watershed: This is the payoff of the Red Streams Blue Program